By implementing a powerful mobile strategy to your social media campaign, you can literally be in your customers/clients pocket and easily accessible anytime, anywhere!
It’s no secret that smartphones (like Android and iPhone) are allowing users to stay connected to their email, social networks and the internet from anywhere, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In North America and Europe, smartphone penetration is the highest, with 63% and 51% of the mobile market share.
This means that 63 out of every 100 mobile users have a smartphone.
As a business, you can be directly in touch with your current and prospective clients without spending a fortune.
Here’s a few points of interest that should get you thinking…
- The mobile internet market is growing at a much faster rate than the fixed internet
- Push notifications receive a 97% open rate vs only 4% for email campaigns
- 75% of the world is still not connected to the Internet so the potential is substantial
What is a Mobile App?
- Keeping you informed of what’s going on in your area
- Calculating exchange rates, mortgage rates or banking
- Find movie times
- Engage in social media from wherever you are
- Alert you to traffic information and road conditions
- Provide entertainment through music, videos and games
- Letting you know about special offers, coupons and deals.
Why Create Your Own Mobile App?
- Create viral buzz. Encourage customers to use the mobile app to quickly tell all of their friends about the business using the built-in sharing capabilities of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, your blog, SMS, and Email. It’s word of mouth, amplified!
- Offers Convenience to your customers. Mobile apps put your website or blog presence just a few touches away from a clients anywhere and at anytime
- Stand out from the crowd. Not very many businesses are taking advantage of mobile apps yet. Stand out from your competition by offering this convenience to your customers before they do.
- Get instant feedback. Mobile apps allow customers to leave feedback on fan walls, share photos, make restaurant reservations, and send comments in a variety of ways.
- Online/Offline Integration. A mobile app can encourage increased traffic to your offline location (office, restaurant, store, etc.) by way of push notifications and coupons or special offers.
- Offer exclusive VIP deals to build customer loyalty. You can send out exclusive discounts, coupons, and promotions to mobile users instantly and at strategic times to enhance business and increase loyalty.
- Grow customer lists. A mobile app can gather names and email addresses from directly within the app and easily export them into the top email marketing campaign services to be used in additional emails.
Who Can Benefit from Mobile Apps?
Just about any company can benefit from having a mobile app of their own. Used creatively and if designed to immerse the customer in a complete experience, it can have a huge impact on your bottom line.
- Real Estate Brokers and Agents
- Bars and Clubs
- Dentists, Doctors, Chiropractors
- Fitness and Gyms
- Handymen and Contractors
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Daycare and other such services
And the list goes on….
Industry Specific Examples of Mobile Apps
We’ve included a few samples here to give you an idea of what you could create. Think outside the box for your own business!
A Marketing Example Using Mobile Apps
One example of a successful mobile app campaign comes from the pizza chain “Dominos” which after lanching its mobile app (read review here) drove over $2 million in sales to its stores in just 3 months.
With the Domino’s Mobile App you can:
- View the full Domino’s menu
- See your current order
- Track your order
How to Market Your Mobile App
- Let everyone know about it through email, website, SMS , social media sites and offline and store promotions and signage
- Offer exclusive deals if they download the app while visiting your location
- Include your app on all of your business stationary (fliers, business cards, letterhead)
How to Keep them Coming Back and Increase Word of Mouth
- Use incentives that will help them in their daily lives such as daily tips and solutions to their problems
- Offer exclusive deals on a regular basis (so they come to expect it)
- Get involved with the community and help promote activities and events
- Provide valuable content that will help your customers in some way
- Just like in social media, don’t “sell”. Instead create conversations.
- Develop a Mobile App that becomes a part of a persons daily lives and hopefully becomes indispensable